Booking Terms & Conditions
Please read the following Booking Terms and Conditions 2016 / 2017
Please make sure the guests staying with you are also aware of them and abide by them
Making a booking, deposits and final payments
A booking may be held but will not be legally binding by the owner until a 50% deposit is paid.
To proceed with a booking, the following payment conditions apply:
To make a booking, please contact owner via email firstname.lastname@example.org and phone 0411 068 541
(bookings 7 days, 7am-7pm)
•Deposit required is 50%
•Balance of all outstanding monies is due 30 days prior to your arrival or previously arranged.
•Payments may be made by cheque to Seagull Lodge or direct deposit into our account.Account details given when booking made.
Bookings will be cancelled if a payment is not
received in accordance with the above rules.
The tariff is for an agreed number of guests to a maximum 40 guests sleeping.
Check in and Check out times
Check-in is from 4pm (early check-in mornings available, pre-arranged with all Guests)
Check-out is usually 12pm (pre-arranged with all Guests to suit groups activities, sometimes 4pm or later checkouts available)
We want you to enjoy your stay at Seagull Lodge for as long as possible but late check out and early check in maybe not possible if there is a back to back booking or for any other reason.
Cancellations, Changes and Shortened Stays
•Regardless of how you pay for your accommodation, a current credit card number must be provided at the time of booking and kept on file for the duration of your stay to protect against loss, damage or no show.
•By providing credit card details you warrant that you have at least $1000 credit available to be paid if required. If credit card details cannot be provided we will require a cash bond.
•By providing these credit card details you are warranting that you and all your guests are aware and will abide by these terms and conditions.
•We reserve the right to take a cash bond for group bookings, functions or at our discretion. This bond will be held in trust and will be refunded to you once we are satisfied that you and your guests have abided by the Terms & Conditions of your stay.
Claims on the Security Bond
•Any claim on the bond will be taken from the card you have provided and you will be advised via email after we receipt the payment.
•Claims on the bond will be at cost with no limit.
•Should anyone at the property show blatant disregard for these terms and/or create excess noise, leave rubbish or cause issues with the neighbours, we reserve the right to make a claim against the bond to compensate for the associated aggravation.
•Claims may include, but are not limited to, the following: excess cleaning fees, damage or breakages, excess garbage removal, blatant disregard of the terms, noise, police or security guard call outs.
Please note: No responsibility will be taken for guests’ personal property during or after the stay, please lock the property whilst you are out, make sure you lock your vehicle whilst at the property and take the usual steps to prevent any loss. Please contact owner if you have left anything behind and we will help organise postage or a time for collection.
Note: No responsibility is taken for any accident resulting in injury or death of any guest whilst on the property, the river or its shores, or in watercraft.
Tenancy and Bad Books register
Guests are granted permission to occupy the property for holiday purposes; this is not a residential tenancy agreement under the residential tenancy legislation. Failure to comply with the guests’ obligations in these terms and conditions may result in termination of permission to occupy the property and subsequent eviction. The agreement is between the owner and the guests.
By accepting this booking you hereby agree that if you or any occupant covered by this booking, breaches our terms and conditions, your name, phone number, home address and email address as well as details of the breach/s may be registered and banned from future bookings. Seagull Lodge reserve the right to cancel a booking where a guest is registered on our No Booking List.
Number of Guests
Maximum Guests sleeping 40
Day booking for functions & all group activities, to be discussed with owner at booking re: numbers expected.
Please Note: We do not take bookings for 18th or 21st Birthdays, Buck’s & Hen’s nights or Men’s golf/footy reunion weekends. Sorry to any groups this involves, but we wish to keep noise to a minimum for our local community.
If our staff, the police or our security guards, are called to the property to deal with noise complaints, or to give you a warning, or if we receive complaint/s from the neighbours during or after your stay - a fee of $500 to $1000 per offence will be charged. For the purposes of this term, noise disruption includes loud behaviour of any type that disrupts the peace and quiet of others, intrusive or abusive language, loud music or any other sounds affecting other residents, that is audible outside the boundaries of the property.
• House Rules and Departure checklist– it is a condition of your stay that you adhere to our terms and conditions, to the house rules and action the departure checklist clearly displayed at the property and leave the property having completed your final checks.
• Keys - should a guest require duplicate keys after hours a $100 service fee is applicable. If we are unable to provide a key for any reason then the guest will need to engage the services of a qualified locksmith to gain access. Guests must not break in or attempt to break into premises when locked out. Keys should be returned as per the instructions provided. Should the keys not be returned the guest will be liable for any charge incurred in gaining entry or replacing keys plus the processing fee.
• Cleaning - please leave Seagull Lodge as you found it. If excessive cleaning is required the guest will be charged at cost. Please remember to check the BBQ. A vacuum cleaner & cleaning products are available, please find near Men’s toilet block. ALSO please remember to put FURNITURE back where it originally came from, thank you.
Please just ask if you would like a hand with preparing for an event...we are happy to help out whenever possible.
• Bins – if it is bin night (WEDNESDAY’S bin out) during your stay
please put the bins out on the kerb. Please take any excess rubbish that does
not fit in the provided bins when you leave. You will be charged the
tipping fee and the time to tip if excess rubbish is left at the property or if
the garbage bin is not put out on bin night as requested.
• Loss and Damage - All damages, breakages or losses to the property, furniture and furnishing are to be reported to the owner and paid for by the guest immediately. Should you discover a fault or breakage when you arrive, please advise us straight away or we will assume that you were responsible and charge accordingly.
• Third party services – should you engage the services of a third party during your stay such as a caterer, beautician, massage therapist etc it is your responsibility to ensure that they carry the appropriate public liability insurance and that they clean up after themselves.
•Children – no responsibility will be taken for children or pets, staying at or visiting the property. Please supervise at all times, taking into consideration fencing, stairs & verandah. Please also be aware of small children with (small pieces) in board games and ping pong balls.
• Smoking – smoking is not permitted inside Seagull Lodge. Smoking bins are available to be placed outside (located inside front door) Please dispose of all butts and do not smoke around children.
• Local planning laws – guests must abide in all circumstances to the local council planning laws and guidelines regarding holiday accommodation.
. First Aid Kit - Please arrange with your person making the Group Booking to organise a First Aid Kit to bring if necessary. Not supplied at Seagull Lodge.
Seagull Lodge is looking into creating an outdoor
space for pets to stay.This space is not available yet, but please talk to
owner as we realise that our pets are an important part of our families and we
will do everything to help make your stay with your loved ones all together. Fencing is not adequate at the moment.
Pets are only welcome if approved by owner. If evidence of a pet is discovered without approval you may be charged for steam cleaning of carpets, furniture and/or mess left by the pet/s or asked to vacate the Lodge.
Have a wonderful stay and please leave a comment in our Visitors Book at Lodge.
** Your payment will indicate acceptance of these Terms & Conditions **